Dome Des Ecrins Trip Description:
- 3 days and 2 nights with a UIAGM high mountain guide (guide refuge fees included)
- 2 nights half board (evening meal and breakfast) in high mountain refuges
- All technical mountaineering equipment (crampons, ice axes, harness, helmet)
- A day glacier skills training
- A guided mountaineering climb to Pic Du Glacier d’Arsine 3364m
- A guided mountaineering climb to the summit of Dome des Ecrins 4015m
Climb in the spectacular Ecrins National Park, one of the largest, wildest and most dramatic mountain ranges in France and bag a 4000m summit!
This is a mountaineering trip geared to preparing you for a successful climb of the Dome des Ecrins 4015m (mountaineering grade: Facile / Easy) in the limited time of a long weekend!
The trip includes a day of glacier and mountaineering skills training and an acclimatisation climb of Pic du Glacier d’Arsine 3364m (mountaineering grade: Facile / Easy) before tackling the Dome des Ecrins.
The Dome des Ecrins 4015m is one of the highest summits in the Ecrins National Park, just behind the Barre des Ecrins 4102m. A serious summit with large crevassed glacier crossing. The Dome des Ecrins is a majestic mountain and one on many mountaineers bucket lists.
Meeting Place: You will meet your guide at the car park at Pre de Madame Carle on the morning of the first day. He will be in touch with you before hand to confirm times.